Friday, September 11, 2009

11 September

boarding the plane

Looking forward to the day this photo shows faces instead of backs.

The kids and I handled the summer pretty well, I think. We kept really busy and the time went by quickly. Not to say we weren't missing Jason, but as we have nearly daily contact with him via email, it was managable. He's even able to call home from time to time, so the kids can hear his voice.

The beginning of the school year brings with it milestones, traditions, and the looming of the holiday season. I think this deployment is, all of a sudden, feeling more difficult and lonelier. I hear it in the things Jason says about what he's missing, I hear it in Emma's sigh about daddy-daughter traditions that have been modified, I hear it in George's revived request that I "go get Daddy, come back, okay?", and I hear it in the garbage TV I watch every night to fill the silence at the end of the day.

As of today it's been exactly four months since we put him on an airplane. We're ready for him to come home now, thank you. Missing you this week, J.

Aug 26, 2008 058
Jason in his office in the desert

6 comments:

Beth said...

I was just wondering how long it's been . . . it's only been four months?? Oh gees. My love to you all. And give a thanks to your husband, from my family.

Hoping the rest of the time goes as quickly as the summer for you all.

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you and the kids. Not much else I can say, huh?

loonyhiker said...

Many thanks to your husband and your whole family for making these sacrifices to keep me and my loved ones safe in our wonderful country.

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Sorry about the missing. Thinking of you, hoping the time passes faster.

Also wanted to let you know that I have a little blog award for you over at my place :)

Anonymous said...

Four months is an eternity sometimes, I know. I hope he comes back really soon and I can't wait to read about it here. Details. And pictures! It will be wonderful.

Debbie H said...

Wow you must be so proud of him.