Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Questionnaire

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Um, one of those has the word "chocolate" in it, right? That pretty much trumps all other choices. Though, Jason does make a yummy egg nog for us every Christmas Eve.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa leaves one present unwrapped for each child. Usually the big, hard-to-wrap ones!

3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house? I love icicle lights on houses, but on the tree I can go either way.

4. Do you hang Mistletoe? No.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Normally, the day after Thanksgiving. This year, we're just looking forward to Gramma & Papa's decorations!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Excluding dessert? Do people eat anything other than dessert from Thanksgiving to Christmas? Seriously?

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Going out into the woods (okay, a Christmas tree farm, but I thought it was the forest) to pick out a tree. We always got cold and sappy and bickered about which tree to get, but I loved it!

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We've started opening one gift, new pajamas for everyone. That way our Xmas morning pictures are that much prettier!

9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember not knowing the truth, though I'm sure I believed at some point.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lots of family ornaments, handed down from parents and grandparents, and lights. No tinsel or garlands to clutter it up, I like to see the pine needles!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!!!!

12. Can you ice skate? I haven't in years, but I used to manage getting around the rink without falling.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember getting a leather bomber jacket when I was about 13. I was sooooo cool.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making it magical for my children.

15. What tops your tree? A glittery gold star with pearl-type thingies in the points. Sounds kind of strange when I try to describe it.

16. What’s your favorite holiday tradition? Leaving cookies for Santa. Or, as Emma has made this her duty, leaving cookies and milk for Santa, and a salad for the reindeer!

17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Oh heck, both! I love, love, love choosing just the right gifts for each person and watching them open them. But I love seeing what other people choose for me, too!

18. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Thank you! A normal holiday food question! Fudge. Yum. And decorated sugar cookies. And 24 hour salad (see my Thanksgiving entry). And Mom's apple pie.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Any of the classics, O Holy Night, Little Town of Bethlehem, Silent Night, Joy to the World, etc.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Bleh.

21. What is your favorite Christmas special/movie? A Christmas Story. Have to watch it every year.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Unsurprisingly, I agree with just about all of that. Especially number 7. One of the few really bad things about SoCal is the utter lack of Christmas tree farms.

loonyhiker said...

I love the thought of new pajamas for the Christmas pictures. What a great idea!

Stephanie said...

I miss going out to Christmas Tree farms to cut down the tree! I haven't had anyone to go with me for the past few years and my roommates aren't that thrilled about going out in the cold to get a tree. Oh well. Soon enough I'll be able to.