Friday, March 30, 2007

Crazy!

So this blog is titled "The Pages of Our Crazy Life", right? Yeah, it's definitely crazy right now. It's amazing (okay, maybe not amazing, but certainly overwhelming) how much goes into clearing a house of over 50 years worth of belongings and fixing it up to the point that it's safe for two energetic children.
For those of you that haven't seen the house, here's a pic:
So far we've basically cleared all of the main living area (the upper floor), demo-ed a downstairs bathroom and replaced old pipes, thrown away a LOT of junk from the basement and created a storage area there for all the stuff from upstairs that has to be sorted, and met with a fencing company about fencing the upper yard. And by "we", I have to admit that I mean everyone other than me. Although I've helped when I could, unfortunately Spring Break came at a very awkward time this year and I rarely get over to the house for more than an hour at a time.

This weekend, we get to start more of the fun stuff: painting the downstairs bathroom so the plumber can come back and hook everything back up, sheet rocking and painting the master bedroom, and ripping up nasty old carpets and checking the condition of the hardwood floors underneath. Hopefully, we'll be able to have our furniture delivered the week after next. We're all anxious to get in there!

Don't believe me about all the junk in the basement? Check out this "Before" picture!


And actually, we had already removed several big pieces of furniture and done some cleaning before this picture was taken! I'll get some good photos next week to show the changes, it's getting exciting!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks like you will be busy for a while :)

Stephani said...

WOW! Meg what an undertaking! The house is absolutely gorgeous though. You will get it fixed up and liveable in no time. I know you are anxious to get settled. Hang in there dear friend. It will all come together. I can't wait to see photos of the finished product. I love your style. It is going to be absolutely beautiful I know it!!

Glynis said...

I definitely don't envy you all the work that's going on...but what a great-looking house!

Sharon said...

Wow it looks like there is ALOT of hard work going on there.