Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summertime

And the livin' is easy.

IMG_0909

Quilts and sheets on the clothesline, windows open to catch the breeze, kids laying in the grass with bubbles at hand. Love it.

It's funny to me that I always dread summer with it's lack of schedule. Every year we manage to stay busy in a way that makes us all happy. A trip out of the house at least once a day to get us moving, but never so booked that we get stressed out and cranky. It takes George a week or two to get used to not going to school, but then it's as if a switch has been flipped. We all sleep in (and are, therefor, much happier in the mornings), no one complains when it's time to do something, and everyone is excited by the choices they're given.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt I'll be dealing with boredom and tempers from time to time. But for the most part, we like being lazy and watching the clouds float by. Gotta go, I've got bubbles to blow.

5 comments:

angela said...

How very nice. I love the simplicity and closeness of your photo.

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Love this. I can just feel the air the way you describe it. Everything sounds divine!

loonyhiker said...

It is memories like this that are wonderful to keep close to your heart! Thanks for sharing!

Allison said...

Truly a wonderful photo. I'd like to see the reverse side of that quilt! Now I can't get that song outta my head!

Leslie said...

Happy birthday Meg!