Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Playing Catch Up

Whew! We're already in our third week of school!! I can't believe it! Emma loves every minute of it. Here's a glimpse into her first day:
She comes home each day with papers full of happy faces and fun stories (mostly focused on recess and lunch, but that's generally the way it goes, right?). I'm so glad her first school experience is proving to be a good one!

George has resumed his speech therapy as well. Today was his second session this year and the first ever with other kids. He did great! Last year, being around other kids was just too much for him, but after our busy summer of swim lessons and play dates, he's very interested in kids around him. His therapist told me afterwords that he "spoke" more today than she's ever heard from him. The whole time, I was outside waiting for screams. Not from him, but from the other little boys. I was sure that someone would knock down a block tower or something and he would chuck a block at their head! Apparently there was lots of knocking down blocks, but no tantrums, just laughter! YAY!! I can't wait to see how being around other little boys on a regular basis helps him with both vocalization and socialization.

Jason goes in for surgery consultation tomorrow. Once we have that scheduled, we'll be able to plan our move. We're hoping that we'll be able to ship me and the kids off during the Christmas school break, to make it easier on Emma, and then Jason will follow at the beginning of March. But, if he can't get in to surgery soon, those plans will change. (The surgery is on his feet, so I thought it would be the right thing to do to stick around for a while after to help him out. I'm pretty nice like that!)

I'm up to my eyeballs with scrapbooking, but nothing new there! I agreed to judge a contest and critique all of the entered layouts. Well, we're up to 50 layouts, and I expect about 10 more before the contest closes tonight. The other judges and I are critiquing the layouts in 6 categories, so 360 insightful comments to make in the next week! ACK!

So, that's life in a nutshell these days! (Or maybe I should say "in a nut house"!) I'm trying to get back into a routine that doesn't involve too much video time for George and still allows plenty of computer time for me. The blog prompts continue, so if you need one, check out the link to the right! Fall is in the air and that's awfully hard to resist, so I'll probably have lots of new pictures to play with soon. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Glynis said...

Love the layout and I'm so glad that school is going well for Emma and things are great with George as well. Life is busy, but wonderful most of the time, isn't it?

Karen said...

Sounds like frantic goings on at your place Meg. Great layout and I love they way you've framed Emma with the heart.

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad that George and Emma are having good experiences at such a young age. They are such important foundations for their school career. You sound like such a great mother!

mom2triplets04 said...

Wow what a cool layout you did of your daughter in kindergarten. What a cool photo you got of her sitting at her desk. Sure hope they allow me to take photos when the triplets get in school. How old is George? You mentioned speech thereapy. My 2 are getting speech therapy and one will be starting in October from the state. Once they turn 3 they will have to be tested again for preschool from the state. They are like 6 months delayed in speech.

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout. Glad to hear George is doing so well in speech therapy. Both of my sis's kids went through it, but now she can't get them to shut up. And you really are a sweetie for staying around for Jason's surgery. He will appreciate it I know.

Now, tag you're it. Hope you play.

Instructions here: http://tinkstribulations.blogspot.com/2006/09/tribulations-and-tagged-music.html

Dave said...

Get ready for the next leap forward from both Emma and George.

I'm happy to hear that George is already making progress. Michael got through that; George will too!