Friday, September 29, 2006

Release

I no longer walk Emma to her classroom. I pull into the drop off lane and she hops out of the van and walks into the building alone. Her wings are spreading wider each day.

George and I met with a team from the school district about running tests to see what, if anything, is going on with him besides a speech delay. (To Laura who asked a while ago, my son is three and has few recognizable words. He's been in speech therapy through the school district/Head Start program for about a year now.) The tests we talked about, combined with some medical testing scheduled for next week, are both liberating and completely frightening. But no matter what the results, I will have new information, resources, and techniques for helping my son. He breaks further out of his cocoon every day.

Jason will make what could be his last paratrooper jump in this coming month. His wings have tears and fractures. Time to fold them up and find a new journey.

I posted my final scrapbook page for the Digital Elite Team today. As wonderful as the last six months have been, from now on, I use the products I want to use and if the pages aren't perfect, it won't matter. I scrap for my family and me now. I feel liberated. My wings are open wide and I plan to enjoy the flight!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you Meg for handling all those releases with such grace.

Michelle Butticci said...

Those are all releases in my book!!! Goodluck with all of them!!!

Unknown said...

i used to go out with a paratrooper! i always thought he had such a cool job! good luck with your sons tests. Hope you get the information you need to help him.

carin.c said...

A lot of new beginnings within your family - best of luck, especially for your little guy!

Glynis said...

Wonderful releases...seeing your children grow is so freeing--knowing that you can take some credit for the people they are becoming. And your husband is a paratrooper?? Wow...there is NO WAY I could do that..amazing!

Karen said...

It's great that you're feeling so relaxed. You can deal with so much more when you're in the right mental state. Good on you Meg.