Thursday, December 04, 2008

Today, Last Year

I saw this idea on another blog earlier today (I Do...What????) and thought it fun, so here you are.

Go into your picture files, find the pictures you were taking on this date a year ago (or as close to this date as possible).
Post (and I'm adding: share the story behind it!)

Well, when I looked into my files and found a set of photos all featuring this, I couldn't help but play along!

Tangled up in a busy box

This is George.
This is George's busy box.
This is George sitting on his busy box.
And getting completely tangled in every stereo cord Daddy put on there!
He called them his seat belts, criss-crossed them over his body, then spent minutes upon minutes flipping the other switches and pushing buttons as he drove all over his imagination!

What a fun memory, and pictures that I had never used.

Just for fun, I went back to the previous two years. Funnily enough, the photos for December 4th, 2006 & 2005 also concerned George:

For 2006, anyone who knows George would recognize this configuration. Sights like this one were our first clues to what would be diagnosed as Autism. (Official diagnosis occurred Oct. 3, 2006). Things lined up. All sorts of things, all over the place.

Dec 4, 2006

And then, the one from 2005, which completely melts this momma's heart:

Dec 4, 2005

He was always sleeping in strange positions like this one. I have many pictures like this. Oh my god, he was so very cute. Still is, thankfully!

If you play this memory lane game, leave me a link so I can come visit your photos!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVE this idea!! I'll be posting mine tomorrow. The PERFECT idea for a sappy feeling momma! What fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Meg! What a great thing to do ... and share. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face. I will have to do this when I get home (or sneak around and look at my kodak gallery while I am here at work...)

danette said...

Aww, I love those pictures! What a great idea, I'll have to post some too.

Pam said...

Love this idea Meg! I just did it too! :)
He looks so cute sleeping like that!