Thursday, March 12, 2009

For Shasta & AJ & Claire & our other awesome teachers

quick drinks

This drink's for you!!! Come by anytime!

Amazing news tonight at our monthly Autism Parent Support Group. The director of special education for our district attended to lay rest to all the rumors and give us the word for next year. Not only is the Autism program at our school NOT getting cut, it's being extended from a K through 2nd grade program to a K through 5th grade program!!!! AWESOME! This will take George through to middle school. (And we'll figure out that hurdle when we get there.)

Now, if we could find a way to keep Jason from deploying, all my stresses will float magically off my shoulders into the clouds. But heck, this is good enough for now! Both my kids will be at the same school next year. George will receive the excellent instruction that I know will take him to the next level. He will be with teachers and aides that I know, trust, and totally admire. (Hi AJ!) And I can continue to be an active volunteer at my favorite elementary school, no more travelling between schools and fighting for services!! Next year is looking up!

7 comments:

Liz McCoy said...

Incredible news Meg!! God is great! I'm so blessed to hear of your victory!!

loonyhiker said...

That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for y'all!

Michelle Butticci said...

That is the best news ever! Yeah you!! :-) Need me to call Uncle Sam for you?

Karen Bowers said...

meg, this is wonderful wonderful news!!!

i'm off shortly to attend my first dyslexia workshop. my first step into the dyslexia community beyond my elementary school.

danette said...

That's great news! Sorry things have been so stressful lately, but at least this is one less thing to worry about. I love the birthday pic of your daughter, looks like she had a great time :).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for delurking at my blog so I could discover yours! I love it!

Wow on the autism program at your school - that is just super. My son had a program that was only K and 1st, but it was so good that we were able to mainstream him with assistance in 2nd. Best wishes to you!

Pam said...

That's such great news Meg!! :)