Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I'm From, by Emma


I’m from the big closet in my old Virginia house and
the dog hair all over the couch.
I’m from tons of bamboo,
some toys and short green grass.
I’m from two good friends, Nate and Reed,
From lots of deer and fawns almost tame
and tons of tall yellow ferns
I’m from a goofy dad and a silly mom.
I’m from sayings like, “See, piece of cake!”
I’m from foods like turkey and ice cream.
Vanilla and Mint Chocolate Chip!
And that’s where I am from.
Poem & all photos by Emma

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic poem! One of the best I have seen in quite a while.

Beth said...

Wow.
That leaves me speechless.
She is an imaginative and creative girl!

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

What a great poem! And she has such gorgeous eyes!

Karen Bowers said...

oh, that is spectacular!

Dave said...

She has her mommy's gift for poetry.