Wednesday, October 03, 2007

October 3rd

Eight years ago, today, was a very good day. How much fun was that party? My shoes were quickly abandoned and I don't think I ate much, but laugh and dance and cheer? Oh yes, I did all that. This guy of mine has brought so much laughter and fun into my life. Sure, I've been dragged around the country a bit, but it's been a fun ride so far.

I may not have a card for you, J, but I love you. Happy Anniversary!
One year ago, today, was a very good day. After many worries and sleepless nights, we had George's Autism diagnosis. Sounds like a bad day, right? Not for us. We finally had a path to follow and new resources to draw from. One year ago, today, I would have said that George had about 10 words in his vocabulary. Today, he chatters all day long. Not always appropriately to his surroundings or in response to direct communication, but the words are there. And there are more coming.

We're so proud of you, buddy! Enjoy your schools and your friends, we'll all be here for you as you navigate through challenges and we'll celebrate with you as you go.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Jason and Meg. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Sharon said...

Congratulations on both those milestones :)

Karen Bowers said...

happy anniversary!

Michelle Butticci said...

I knew it was today but have only now had a minute to sign on. Happy Anniversary!!! Hope you had a great day!!!!

Stephani said...

Yes! Happy Anniversary! I hope it is a good one and there are many many many many more celebrations to come. I can't believe it has also been a year since George was diagnosed. What a difference a year can make. I hope he continues to make improvements by leaps and bounds. What a GRREAT day for you guys all around! CONGRATS!

Pam said...

Belated Congratulations and Happy Anniversary wishes! I love that photo of you and Jason!
I also can't believe its a whole year since Georges diagnosis! He seems to be doing so great!
Oh and that Tractor thing...did you know just how many different tractors there are?! When Alex was into tractors and trains in a big way he was able to find a different one that just had to be added to the collection everytime we went to any toy shop! lol!

loonyhiker said...

I found this neat article today and thought you might be interested.
http://www.mmdnewswire.com/specil-educti-autism-students-techers-discover-new-wy-to-lern-2364.html