This is HORRIFYING! I have my Mr. Clean erasers up high with the other cleaning products... and there they will STAY. Something always made me question them - they work great, BUT they do take a layer of paint off your crayoned walls. You are right... shame on them. Tx for the warning.
Oh my. I have forwarded the link to everyone I know. Thanks for passing it along.
MEG!!! I have one of these sitting on my school table right now since my 2yo constantly draws outside the white board boundaries. and I let my other ones clean the marks off. I am feeling extremely blessed that God protected my kids from any burns. wow.
Thanks for this Meg - I had no idea. Maybe this is why I couldn't find them last time I went to the supermarket!
Actually Pan did some research and the Magic Erasers do not have anything in them that would cause the reaction unless the child was just allergic or some other chemical managed to get on it. Pan is very good about looking up the facts; while I tend to go on a crusade. I suggest that a trip here: http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/eraser.asp or at urban legends.I have a feeling that there may have been something else on the "eraser" that actually caused the reaction.
I stick with baking soda and a wet sponge for my cleaning. It'll clean anything a Magic Eraser will, just takes a bit more elbow grease sometimes.
Post a Comment