Sunday, May 25, 2008

Brief periods of calm

Peaceful, loving children depicted in above photo bear no resemblance to actual children in our household.

One looooooong weekend filled with strange weather, one craaaaaaaaaanky child filled with a head cold, one girl child filled with attituuuuuuuude, and one set of tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired parents trying to fill the long weekend. Put them all together and you may hear some yelling, see some children being (oh-so-lovingly) put in their rooms for increasing amounts of time, and find a few bottles of wine and beer in the recycling bin. Not our shining moment of parenthood, this weekend.
Only a few weeks left of school. Goody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Meg, so YOU even have weekends like that? Thank heavens I am not the only one! I am sorry you are having one of them this weekend though.
ScrapMel

loonyhiker said...

Remember: What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Your kids are stronger because you didn't "kill" them and the parents are stronger because they just tied another knot in their rope. I remember those days...and I have to say I really don't miss those kinds of times but just know that I lived through it too (after many wine and beer bottles too!) to reminisce about it.

Sharon said...

LOL - nice to know it is not just my kids!