Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Please Vote!!

No this has not become a political blog. That's not what we're about. But I do need your vote!

See that adorable face right up there? (For some reason, he's going through a stage where he thinks he has to physically move his face into each expression. What a silly boy!) Well I entered that face in a photo contest and it's one of four adorable finalists! Look down a ways on my sidebar and you'll see a poloroid shape with a child holding a camera. The site that sponsors that challenge wants to replace that stock photo with a "real" kid! So, I wouldn't win any prize, I can't share hundreds of dollars with you, but my silly, little boy could be featured on blog buttons throughout the blog-o-sphere!

The site that runs the challenge and this contest is 5minutesforspecialneeds.com. A community of parents, sharing stories and ideas about living with their special needs children. I try not to let this blog of mine become an Autism blog because there are three other members of our family besides George, and we all have our needs to talk about and celebrate. But sites and communities like 5 Minutes for Special Needs are a lifeline for me. I learn from, cry, laugh, nod my head in agreement, and cheer with the families that post there. I would feel so honored to have my little guy on anything bearing their name.

Vote in the contest here: Special Exposure Model Search Contest
You don't have to register or anything, just click a button! Then spread the word so others can click that button, too! And while you're there, read through some of the older posts on the site. Be sure you have your Kleenex handy, there are some amazing special needs kids in this world!

12 comments:

Stephani said...

I voted and I will have Mom go vote tomorrow. I love that photo. It is sure to win. Hugs dear friend.

Q said...

It's a great photo of a gorgeous little boy Meg, hope he wins!
Go Vote Readers!

Liz McCoy said...

i voted it is a great photo!!! Sent the link onto my family.

Good Luck!!!

loonyhiker said...

I voted and I asked my friends on Plurk (www.plurk.com) to vote for George too.

Nicole Young | Urban Wings Art said...

Awww, I just love that photo!! His eyes just draw you in and I love that he has to move his face into the expressions!! :)

mccoy5 said...

I got the link from my SIL, Liz McCoy, just voted. Good luck! ~Lisa

Karen Bowers said...

i voted. for george. :)

Michelle Butticci said...

Just voted and it looks like George is in the lead. I'm sending this to everyone in my address book!! Keep us posted!! Goodluck!!!

Justscraps aka: Jamie said...

Even if I hadnt known you from DSP I still would have picked yur little boy. Those are some shinny eyes that know the true wonders of the world!
(((HUGS))) because every one needs extra sometimes!

Anonymous said...

I voted. What a beautiful photo of a beautiful little face of a beautiful little boy by a gifted photographer.

Dave said...

Voted. Where is my "I Voted" sticker? Like most in the electorate, I am motivated by trinkets.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate it!